Requirements and Considerations:
- Attendance at periodic web meetings to discuss progress and collaborative opportunities
- Time required to complete the Code School courses
- Director approval and support for additional time commitments is desired, but not required. Participants without approval to use work time for the courses will be expected to complete the courses during their personal time.
- Participants should be interested in learning the languages/skills offered by Code School (https://www.codeschool.com/courses) and collaborating with other PALNI libraries/librarians to apply the newly acquired knowledge.
Application Process: A callout for registration occurs a month or two before the start of each semester. Be on the lookout for the call on the Hub.
Innovation Grant Information
The funding provided by PALNI Library Innovation Grants aims to optimize library resources and services in ways that significantly expand the ability of supported organizations to support teaching and learning at their institutions. Funded programs, projects, and initiatives must align with PALNI strategic priorities. A callout for applications occurs each Fall and announced in the Hub.
Grant Amount: Up to $20,000 will be awarded per year
Grant Period: Up to one year
Cost Share Requirement: No matching requirements.
Program Contact: Kirsten Leonard, Executive Director PALNI, 317-752-6831 firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility: Any employee from a PALNI supported organization library may apply. Collaborations between PALNI libraries or between the library and other areas in the PALNI supported college, university, or seminary, are eligible and encouraged.
The detailed description of an innovative program, project, or initiative that result in new or improved tools, products, services, or organizational practices will include:
- Program/Project title and brief overview (300 words or less)
- Institution name, complete mailing address, and background (no. of students, faculty, and related information)
- Name and title of person submitting the application with contact details (email and phone)
- A list of the key personnel who will direct the implementation of the program
- Key program partners, if any, and their role in the program
- Measurable objectives and key activities and outcomes/impact of the program
- Program goals and implementation plan, including timeframe
- Evaluation and, if applicable, sustainability plan
- Overall budget with breakdown of costs and, if any, other sources of funding
- Explanation of how other institutions can replicate the program or project
- PALNI restricts use of grant funds solely to the purpose of the grant. Funding must be utilized as proposed in the application unless written adjustment is requested by Grantee and approved by PALNI.
- Grantee will maintain accounting and financial records and shall furnish copies of bills, invoices, cancelled checks, receipts, etc. to PALNI upon request.
- Under no circumstances may Grantee expend, borrow (inter-fund), pledge or transfer grant funding for reasons unassociated with the stated purpose.
- Grantee may reallocate budgeted items up to 10% of individual line item amounts provided that prior written notice is given to the grantor. Any other changes in budget require prior written approval of PALNI.
- Any portion of the grant remaining unexpended at the completion of the project or at the end of the period shall be repaid to PALNI within 30 days unless PALNI, in its sole discretion, shall otherwise specify in writing.
- If the Grantee fails to meet any of the agreed upon requirements of the grant, PALNI may at any subsequent time by notice to the Grantee require repayment of disbursed funds, full or in part.
- PALNI may, at its expense, monitor and conduct an evaluation of procedures and operations under this grant through visits, observations, or meetings with participants.
- Grantee shall submit the text of any proposed news release concerning the grant to PALNI for review and approval prior to its release date.
- Grantee shall provide a detailed summary of results in person and in writing. The Grantee is committed to present at the next scheduled PALNI Symposium or All-Staff meeting.
Funds for Steering Members
All PALNI Librarians serving in an Advisory Group Steering position are eligible to receive up to $1500 for conferences or webinar based professional development (request approval prior). There is a max of $4500 per steering committee should you have more than 3 members. Send all reimbursements requests to Noah Brubaker, email@example.com.