PALNI’s 23 institutions all represent a variety of advisory groups. Each group is composed of a collaboration of individuals from the institutions led by a steering committee who communicates with the Board (usually via the ED and EC) the needs of the PALNI institutions as a whole. The advisory groups are just one way PALNI is collaborative, strategic, and innovative.
PTAG (PALNI Technical Advisory Group)
- PTAG is composed of our technical gurus. They advise the EC and the Board on advancements in technology that can be leveraged to support the goals of PALNI libraries. They also make recommendations for systems enhancement and development.
- Steering Committee: Josh Petrusa (Butler), Edward Mandity (Marian), Brooke Cox (DePauw)
PDAT (PALNI Digital Admin Team)
- PDAT is composed of catalogers, archivists, and technical service librarians. They work to support and promote PALNI’s archiving/preserving product, CONTENTdm, by reviewing and implementing Metadata standards and guidelines, building collections, and integration.
- Administrators: Megan West (PALNI), Amy Bryant (Earlham), Janice Gustaferro (Butler), Eric Bradley (Goshen), and chair Darla Haines (Manchester).
PCAG (PALNI Cataloging Advisory Group)
- PCAG is composed of catalogers. They advise the executive director, the EC, and the Board on the impact and direction of changes related to RDA, discovery, and other cataloging issues.
- Administrators: Janice Gustaferro (Butler), chair Richard Lammert (Concordia), Joe Springer (Goshen)
RIO (Reference, Instruction, and OutreachAdvisory Group)
- This group will advise the PALNI EC and Board on end-user needs and usability assessment of all PALNI cooperative products including the OPAC and the discovery system. They will gather input from faculty and students as well as providing their own recommendations. This group will also share information and tools to support instruction on new tools implemented by PALNI.
- Steering Committee: Barbara Hoover (Anderson), Linda Lambert (Taylor), Jessica Mahoney (Franklin), Megan West (PALNI Facilitator)
- Institutional Repository Task Force: Amy Bryant (Earlham), Brian McCafferty (Wabash), Brooke Cox (DePauw), Debbie Polley (Wabash), Franny Gaede (Butler), Fritz Hartman (Goshen)
- Ad hoc Archives and Digital Preservation Task groups